Training and Seminars
As the education division of the Trauma Survivors Foundation, our main goal is to provide comprehensive and dynamic training for First Responders and the Professionals who care for them. We see every challenge as an opportunity, and this education initiative helps us ensure that our partners, students, and workshop attendees are better prepared to manage the unique situations they find themselves in. We are invested in an innovative approach that empowers our community with our First Responders and delivers the support, the training, and the skills they need, when they need it.
As a non-profit organization, we are driven by a single goal; to do our part in making the world a better place for all. Our decision-making process is informed by comprehensive empirical studies and high-quality data evaluation. We strive to build productive relationships and make a positive impact with all of our pursuits. In so doing, we provide practical strategies, methods and interventions partners, students, First Responders and workshop attendees can use immediately to improve the outcomes of the population they serve.
- Sexual Harassment and Violence in the Workplace
- This program examines the causes, concerns and avoidance of sexual harassment and violence in the workplace.
- Grief and Loss
- This programs aims at helping companies cope with the loss of
co-workers and leaders as well as understanding how individuals and companies grieve after loss.
- This programs aims at helping companies cope with the loss of
- Balancing Work and Family Life
- This presentation gives the audience the opportunity to examine the balance of their own work/family situation while giving them the ability to simplify life and restore a sense of balance.
- How to Recover from a Career Crash
- This program examines the common causes of career crashes, how they affect people, how to recover, and even how to turn the experience into a victory.
- Crisis in the Workplace
- This program aims at understanding the causes, the signs, and the recovery from a crisis in the workplace while promoting a positive plan of action.
- Managing Conflict at Work
- This program aims at understanding the causes, the signs, and resolution of conflicts in the workplace while developing strategies to avoid future conflicts.
- Manage Your Stress
- This program aims at alleviating and managing stress in the workplace as well as helping participants to understand their triggers to workplace stress.
- How to Create a Positive Work Environment
- This program will teach participants specific ways to make the workplace more positive by motivating and reinforcing coworkers.
- Take Charge of Your Life and Have the Best Year Ever!
- This program helps the audience to start developing goals and a plan of action that will make positive changes in their work/family life.
- Assisting Individuals and Groups During a Critical Incident
- A three-day certificate workshop on the essential group skills needed for Critical Incident Response. This workshop will also teach how to effectively manage Individuals in Crisis and how to provide peer support to emergency services workers.
- Best Practices in Critical Incident Response
- This is a comprehensive one-day course which will help the trained individual develop proficiency in critical incident care as well as introduce the novice to the psychology behind crisis counseling.
- Line of Duty Death
- This program provides insight into the effects of a Line of Duty Death for emergency services workers as well as helps agencies develop protocols for a Line of Duty Death.
- Working with Traumatic Events
- This programs explores the history and science behind traumatic events providing practical information and strategies for working with man made and natural disasters.
- Crisis Management in Universities
- This program helps to recognize the need for a crisis management plan in universities as well as teach the basic steps in the development and utilization of a plan. This program will also explore the nature of a crisis in a university and how to help the student body recover from a critical incident.
- Crisis Management Action Planning
- This program helps to recognize the need for a crisis management plan as well as teach the basic steps in the development and utilization of a plan.
- Excited Delirium
- This programs explores the nature, signs, risk factors, symptoms and causes of Excited Delirium as well as provide strategies to avoid Sudden Custody Death Syndrome (SCDS)
- Understanding Psychotropic Medications
- This program is a basic introduction to the different classes, side effects, and proper treatment of psychotropic medications.
- School Shooting and Violence
- This program explores the nature, causes, and reactions of school violence and shootings as well as propose possible action plans and strategies for avoiding those situations.
- Effective Leadership
- This program aims at building essential leadership and communication skills for emergency services workers.
- How to Manage Reactions to Man Made and Natural Disasters
- This program is designed specifically for Emergency Services workers who work with man made and natural disasters. This program will help the worker develop and maintain a sense of balance and resilience through the most difficult of situations.
- Police Communication and Crisis
- This program is designed to identify the role of communication in crisis intervention, to understand communication techniques for establishing rapport, calming, and defusing, to describe strategies for working with mentally ill, developmentally disabled, hostile people and witnesses, to explain the effects of crises & trauma on officer health and to identify practices for healthy communication with self and others for stress inoculation
- Hurricane/Tornado Workers - staying safe in a hostile environment
- This program is designed to provide hurricane/tornado workers with the necessary tools to work in hostile environments while ensuring their mental and physical well being.
- Avoiding Vicarious Traumatization
- This program is designed to help emergency services workers and disaster mental health specialists to avoid the pitfalls and damaging effects of Vicarious Traumatization.
- Law Enforcement Perspectives in Critical Incident Response
- Designed to provide insight and understanding of the different types of stress in law enforcement culture from a systems perspectives emphasis. This course will provide practical information in providing crisis intervention services to law enforcement organizations and individual personnel in crisis.
We are constantly working to raise the bar on our seminars. We can tailor our seminars to your organization’s needs. Email your suggestions and we will help develop a dynamic program.